- Great Swamp Watershed Association - A non-profit citizens action group with a lot of local information about the Great Swamp watershed and ‘hotspots’ of environmental concern.
- Passaic River Coalition - A non-profit group that works closely with the NJDEP and regional environmental groups to protect water resources and public health within the Passaic River basin.
- Friends of Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge - An independent nonprofit group that does volunteer work for the refuge and organizes events. A good site to help plan your next visit to the swamp.
- Morris Land Conservancy - A local non-profit organization that works to preserve open space.
- Garden State EnviroNet - An award-winning site with huge amounts of environmental information.
- U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service - Learn more about the federal organization that manages the Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge.
- EPA Watershed Academy - This is where to find the latest in federal policies and information about watershed management.
- USGS Water Resources in NJ - The U. S. Geological Survey provides hydrologic data and interpretation for the state of New Jersey. Lots of information!
New Jersey's stormwater regulations. - A state DEP website with information about the new stormwater permitting and management programs and other useful ideas on how you can help keep our state's waters clean.
If you have PowerPoint®, you can view a simplified introduction to these new regulations, prepared by our Consulting Engineer. Click here, (or right-click to download and save.)
- New Jersey DEP Environmental Primer (PDF)
- The DEP has a new page - an introduction to municipal responsibilities covering rules, schedules and links to required forms and permits.
- Among the Ten Towns, Harding is a Tier B municipality and the remaining nine are Tier A. For details on State permits and requirements, visit this page on the NJDEP website.
- The New Jersey League of Municipalities has issued a Stormwater Primer. It is a clear synposis of the new rules prepared by the Stony Brook-Millstone Watershed Association, and contains some practical speculation on scheduling.
- Delaware River Basin Commission - An excellent and detailed resource for stream assessment and other water-related issues.
- NJDEP New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection - A good resource for current environmental policies and data sources in New Jersey.
- New Jersey State Blueprint for Intelligent Growth - This is the new New Jersey State Plan under Gov. McGreevey. Worth a visit.
- State of New Jersey - Links to all state departments and organizations.
- Government Directory - The New Jersey state directory for local, county, state, and federal government. A quick way to find contact information.
- North Jersey District Water Supply Commission - A regional water utility that plays a key role in managing the water resources of northern NJ, specifically the NJDEP’s Watershed Management Areas 4 and 6, which include the upper Passaic River and the NY/NJ Highlands.
- NJ State Climatologist - A good resource for current and historical weather information.
- NJDEP launch site for information about watershed management, including links to proposed new stormwater regulations..
- Links to most other New Jersey watershed management websites, courtesy of the Upper Delaware Watershed Management Project.
|The mouseover pop-ups can not be printed directly. For convenience, the contents of these pop-ups are repeated below.
"New Jersey Environmental Digital Library"
"Our mission is to collect, organize, and make available digitized materials on New Jersey's environment - emanating from the state's government agencies, non-profit and non-governmental organizations, research institutes, and academic departments - for the use of students, scholars, citizens, and government officials. This mission aligns with the State of New Jersey's information clearinghouse initiatives, and will be developed through collaboration with project partners."
stdAdobe('http://www.saltinstitute.org/publications/saltandenvironment-english.pdf','saltinstpdf', Everything you should know about how and why we spread salt on out toads. This is a 159 KB (28 pages) .pdf document.')